Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Quietening smallness and sunlit beaches

I went home to Nouvelle Ecosse this past long (federal employee) weekend. It was a much needed break from the impending cold of the Mont, and visit with the family and friends. It is always a breath of fresh air to go to the beach, Conrad's beach in particular, to watch the crashing waves, the sand suck in the thirsty salt water, and to watch the huge sky, and water stretch on and on.

I miss this part. The loud bigness of quiet. Sounds stupid, I know, but that's the wording that describes it best for me. Vocab and grammar are things of the past for me it seems.

Here's a terribly shot video of the sun setting on Conrad's, and a soft reminder to me that there is a lot of space around, that doesn't need to be filled by me or you.



No comments: